10.15.2010

Support.

Teachers have rough moments. Occasionally an entire day is rough. A whole week? Unheard of. I’ve been out of sorts lately, and I have four people at school to thank for the therapy.

Without going into details or giving away their identities (there’s always one person looking to steal your joy), let’s just call them Ms. A., Ms. B., Ms. C., and Mrs. D. Between cute emails with photos of puppies (sometimes a cute puppy photo really can cheer you up), to a homemade apple pie made by Mrs. D’s husband (I’ve yet to spend any quality time with him, but I already know we’re going to be good buds), to a sweet voicemail, and even major candy therapy, my web of support at school came out in FULL force this week. I work with some amazingly caring, loving ladies and for that, I'm truly grateful.

I’ve also received many emails of support from readers like you and for that, I sincerely each and every one of you. We teachers are in this business for one simple reason – we love kids and want to make their lives better. Unfortunately, not everyone feels the same way, but we can’t let those folks ever, EVER let us forget why we’re here… for the kids… and many times, for each other.


Allright - enough! We will now resume our regularly scheduled Happy Rainbow programming!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you're back! I was sad when the old site was gone, and hoped that you hadn't run into problems from your higher-ups about having a blog. I really enjoy your writing and your stories. They cheer me up every time.

Michelle said...

You're back! Glad to see you are blogging again. Have a good week-end.

Lmg93 (Michelle)

Edie Parrott said...

How exciting to see your entries return to my newsfeed! Welcome back! My day is incomplete without reading about your day with your sprouts.