6.26.2011

Literacy Beginnings

Summer has barely begun... Are you thinking about school already?  No?  Why not?!?  A little professional reading in the summer is just the way to keep your creative juices flowing.  I like to read three books simultaneously... One I consider 'literature', another that is fluff for my brain, and finally something to help my professional growth.  Right now that would be The IliadBossypants, and Comprehension Connections: Bridges to Strategic Reading respectively.

My ADD allows me to seamlessly navigate between all three texts with ease. See, being easily distractible has its advantages!

Anyway, my friend Vanessa over at Pre-kpages has organized a wonderful book study for the summer.  We're going to be reading and discussing Literacy Beginnings: A Prekindergarten Handbook.  Even if you don't teach preschool (I teach K), this book would be a valuable resource to anyone who works with children from preschool through first (or even second) grade.  As Plato stated, 'The beginning is the most important part of the work.' I truly believe the foundation we build for literacy is the most important work we do as educators.

The study is going to take place starting June 27th and run through July.  Don't worry about dates though, because being a blog book study, you can read and participate at your leisure!

Vanessa has much more information on her blog.  Check out the book study guide here.

I'll be looking for you on the other blogs and back here for Section Three.  



1 comment:

phagueoeso said...

Very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog, for know more related to hp printer setup hp printer setup