6.21.2011

Summer plans.

Well school is over. I spent the day screening new sprouts for the fall… we administer some assessments and score them to help with placement... it’s always a bit of a mixed bag of emotions. On the one hand, I’m excited to meet new friends… on the other hand, I am ready for summer vacation.

As I did last year, I’ll be taking a break from daily postings over the summer. Don’t worry, I’ve got a few special surprises up my sleeve. Some giveaways, a book study, and some other stuff you’ll just have to come back to find out about. How's that for a cliffhanger?

If you have the summer off, ENJOY. I’ll be spending the first half of my summer working with graduate students at the local university... spreading my love and enthusiasm for literacy. The second half will be spent traveling and RELAXING. I’ll be back soon with more information about the giveaways and book study.

4 comments:

TeacherInMe said...

I have a lot planned for the summer! 1. Since I will have my first classroom this fall, I will be garage sale hopping like a mad man!
2. I'll be organizing my classroom. I have a lot of things I've saved over the years; it's kind of scary!
3. I have a lot of student files to go through to start to get to know my future students.
4. Start two blogs. One for an extension of my Twitter that shares resources, ideas, and news for teachers (ishare-teacherinme.blogspot.com). The other will be a personal blog to share reflections and happenings in my classroom.
5. Last, I want to continue gathering ideas to use in my (and students') instruction.

It'll be a busy, but FUN, summer!

Vanessa @pre-kpages said...

Congratulations on finally making it to summer- I think you're just about the last one :) I can't wait to hear more about the surprises you have planned!

Vanessa @pre-kpages.com

Jessica S. said...

Have a great summer!
I'm enjoying my time with my kids and working on 2 graduate courses. The learning never ends :)

123A2Z said...

Enjoy your summer, Mr. H. I know you will look forward to returning to your sprouts in the fall. (In my experience, teaching adults is usually harder than teaching 5 year olds.)
I will spend the summer adjusting to retirement and going through a wonderful collection of notes from former students and parents.