1.27.2011

Delay.

Today was our first two-hour delay. Hearing the news, I took a deep breath and relaxed. I didn’t have to rush. I actually laid down and fell back asleep!

Waking up at a normal hour (after seven) instead of an insane one (about five) I felt refreshed. I spent some quality time with my dog and even watched a little morning news. Apparently, there is a lot going on in the world that early, I just never had the time to notice.

Driving to school, I was amazed by the… well, light! It wasn’t pitch dark! I could see the road, other cars, and trees, I could see! People who have the benefit of driving to work in daylight don’t realize what a luxury it is.

Sure the kids were a little rattled by the delay. No, we won’t have snack… we’ll be going to lunch in about an hour. No, you won’t be going home early, we came in late. Yes, I know you just arrived, but it’s time for lunch!

All in all, I could get very used to coming in a little late. Perhaps an hour later would make all the difference. For sure, I love my job… I’ve been called a rooster in a world of hens… but I don’t love getting up before the roosters. With our delay today, I was in full celebration mode.

1 comment:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Haha I love delays, but we've only had 1 in my 5 years of teaching, boo. We had yet another snow day today... I'm starting to get used to rarely going to work. This is not good haha.