1.03.2011

Oui.

In line today, Martin was wearing a new hat. The way he’d pulled it on his head, it resembled a beret.

Mrs. D. commented on this to him.

“Oh Martin, your hat looks like a French beret,” she said.

“You know, Martin, I’ve been to France, in French, your name would be Mar-tan,” I interjected with my best French accent.

Joining in on the fun, Mrs. D. added, ‘Ah, oui!’

Without missing a beat, Martin replied, ‘I have a Wii at my house.”

“No, not that kind of Wii,” I explained.

At this point, Audra had come over and tried to clarify, “Oh, you mean like wee when you use the bathroom.”

“No, ‘oui’ is how you say ‘yes’ in French,” I said.

Both Martin and Audra looked confused. With that, we headed outside and ended our lesson in French. It’s good to be back.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I liked this post just a wee bit too much! LOL!

123A2Z said...

And the littlest one said "Oui, oui, oui" all the way home!! Welcome back! :-)

Smita Srivastava said...

A very Happy new year to you n ur family , loved going thru ur wonderful blog !!!

- Smita
www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
(fun foods for little eaters