1.20.2011

Logic.

Today at bus time, I asked Luther, whose mother is expecting, about the impending new addition.

“Luther, how is your mom doing?” I began.

“Good, she’s good,” he said.

“When is the baby due?” I prodded.

“Soon, I think in the spring,” he said.

“Do you know if it’s going to be a boy or girl?” I asked.

“No, it’s going to be a surprise!” He exclaimed.

"That's the best surprise," I added.

“Ohh, maybe it will be twins,” Mrs. D. wondered.

“No, it can’t be twins,” he told us.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Well with me and my little brother, there’s only room for one more baby in the tub,” he explained.

Now that is logic. Apparently, three in the tub is a perfect fit, but four in the tub?  No way.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Rub a dub dub, just three kids in the tub!

Play for Life said...

Hmm ... I wonder if Luther, or his Mum for that matter, has ever read the brilliant children's book "Mr. Archimedes Bath" by Pamela Allen?
Donna :) :)

Sarah said...

That's hysterical! I love their reasoning at this age :)

Unknown said...

omg I love that!!!

KellyTeaches said...

Haha, I love kindergarten logic :)

Deborah said...

I laughed out loud:)