4.28.2011

Force.

Two things I love and am not afraid to admit are Legos and Star Wars. There is actually a Star Wars Legos video game that is heaven… the kids know I love Star Wars as I have quite a few t-shirts with R2-D2 and C-3PO I wear from time to time… today, during centers, Andy called me over to show me his creation.



I was really impressed with his creativity. Out of regular Legos (not the super cool Star Wars kits – we don’t have those at school), he’d created a Star Wars fighter ship and two characters… Darth Vader and his ‘alien friend’ – my amazement was palpable and quite a few boys came sauntering over to see what the hubbub was all about.

I sat and played with Andy for awhile… I made my own Luke Skywalker ‘man’ by copying his model and we had a little light saber fight… as Andy pointed out, light sabers are NOT guns, so we were allowed. I agreed and we had a little fantasy battle. I let him win.

When I got up to leave, he stopped me by grabbing my hand, pulled me back down to his level, gave me a big smile and said, “May the force be with you!” Indeed, it was.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You and my son would love each other.
I gotta send you pics from legoland. They just opened a star wars mini land...its awesome! Check my Facebook page!