4.25.2011

Remedy.

Let me start today with a confession. This morning, after my alarm went off and I was shuffling around trying to get my act together after a week off from school for Spring Break, I had a bratty baby moment… when nobody was listening, I whined a little… it was something like, ‘I don’t wanna go back to work’ in the most pathetic voice you can imagine.

Well, I did go in, and about two seconds after eight o’clock, when the first few sprouts skipped in, I felt much better. There really is something about smiles and hugs from five-year-olds that can brighten your day and make work, well, not really work.

As the day went on, I expected to become increasingly tired… I’m still fighting off bronchitis and am not quite back to my true self. It didn’t happen. The hugs, smiles, and stories just kept coming and kept me alert and ready. On the drive home my day finally caught up with me, but when I’m there, with the kids, experiencing our joy together, I’ve got the best remedy you could ask for.

2 comments:

Maria said...

It's true! Even on my worse day those faces and amazing discoveries and hugs always make me feel better.

kate said...

That's so funny that you posted that, because I just went back today after break and was thinking to myself, "Do I really have to go back?" and then I thought, "Gee, the blogger at Look at my happy rainbow!" would never have these feelings!

Of course, once I was back it was good to be back, but I'm glad to hear that you have "bratty baby" moments too.