Unfortunately, Mother Nature decided a cold, wet, drizzly day was in store and so, with apprehension, we set off for the park. Here are some lessons I learned today:
- When it’s cold, wet, and raw, you get the entire park to yourself! No crowds!
- When you have the park to yourself, there’s no waiting for bathrooms – bonus!
- While teachers and parents may complain about the awful weather, the children could care less… they’re on a FIELD TRIP!
- When it’s cold and wet, ALL of the animals come out and are much easier to see – today we saw everything.
- In said weather, the moose, usually elusive, comes right up to the fence and almost looks like she wants to be petted.
- When all your chaperones show up on time and make your day easier, be grateful and make sure to thank each of them profusely.
- No amount of dreary weather can take away from the majesty of seeing a bald eagle from six feet away.