3.21.2011

Inspiration.

People often ask me where I get my ideas for postings... I have good days and bad ones. On good days, I'm pulling notes out of my pockets five or six times a day jotting down quotes and ideas. On bad days, the sprouts line up for buses and I wonder where the day went... nothing. To be fair, I'm sure something worth writing about happened, I just wasn't in a place to notice it... or I forgot to write it down...

This morning, the full first day of spring, a snow storm was predicted. I didn't sleep well and woke up from a bizarre dream I'm going to go ahead and blame on watching Black Swan a few weeks ago... if you haven't seen it, be warned. CREEPY.

Anyway, as the last group lined up to leave, Jason, who is quiet, calm and keeps mostly to himself (to date, he's only offered a hug twice), handed me a folded piece of paper. I opened it and saw this:


Sweet, he loves school. I had a hunch, but it was nice to see it in writing.

"Flip it over," Jason said with a slight smile.


Now that's how you flip a bad day on it's side and make it an amazing one.

5 comments:

SassyGinger said...

Writing notes for blog postings. Thats a brilliant idea! There are so many days when the kids will say something or do something and by the time I get to the computer to write it down...I forget :(

Scott said...

I feel inspired, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I love teaching and moments like that make my heart sing! Keep blogging I enjoy reading it.

Deborah J Stewart said...

That is awesome:)

Marty said...

Inspiration is a beautiful thing, huh!? It is always there. Personally, I am making a conscious effort to slow down and be more mindful so I do not miss these moments and opportunities. Thanks for sharing.