11.01.2010

Saving.

After recess today, Martin walked in and I became alarmed. He appeared to have either dried blood or mud all over his face. Not just a smattering here and there, I mean his face was covered… After he put his coat away, I called him over.

“Martin, are you alright?” I inquired.

“Uh-huh,” he replied.

“Martin, what’s all over your face buddy? Did you get hurt?” I asked.

He looked surprised by my question.

“Martin, what’s all over your face?” I prodded again.

“Oh, I had pudding for lunch!” He said a little too loudly for Quiet Time.

“Well you need to go get a wet paper towel and clean off your face,” I instructed.

“Oh, I was saving it for later,” he said attempting to lick his face with his tongue… I think he was going for a laugh and it was hard to hold one back.

“Well, clean it off for me please,” I finished.

Saving it for later? I think the poor kid was going through sugar withdrawal from Halloween.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I've had kids come back from lunch with food on their ears! How does that even happen? :)